Pool Water in Your Roof?
Only in America…
Some ideas are wonderful in concept but somewhat lacking in reality. This is one of those times. The concept of putting a heat pump in the roof cavity to use the excess heat to warm you swimming pool is a very good idea.
In reality however some factors which prevent Pools Plus Solar from pushing the idea are;
- Putting pool water inside your roof cavity – what if it leaks?
- The air movement inside a roof is not good, once initial air has cooled the system will lose efficiency
- The noise of the air conditioner in your roof cavity is not “quiet” at all, similar to vacuum cleaner db rating
- The size of the unit is not large enough for medium to large pools
- Servicing of the unit is a nightmare and inspection is also a task
- Many many more reasons.
I have listed a few reasons why solar pool heating or another type of pool heating is better suited and more efficient. The simple fact is pool heating has been developed over a 29 year period with many great inventions and innovations, this however is not one of them. We will continue to scour the globe in search of new and innovative pool heating ideas and list and review them on our site.